VINCI Energies becomes an ESIGELEC partner and sponsors its class of 2020
Etienne Craye, Managing Director of the ESIGELEC engineering school, and Bruno Nicolas, Managing Director at VINCI Energies, signed a partnership agreement on 17 October 2017 that includes sponsorship of the 430-student Class of 2020 throughout the three-year programme.
VINCI Energies and ESIGELEC plan to undertake joint activities to foster new skills – notably related to the digital transformation – and to increasingly guide the training of engineering students in the direction of business challenges and goals. VINCI Energies’ objective is to raise its name recognition among ESIGELEC students and to interest them in its business lines.
To enhance VINCI Energies’ contribution to existing joint activities, this partnership is designed to enable the Group to:
- foster recruitment of young graduates, interns and work-study employees (under apprenticeship or professionalisation contracts) at VINCI Energies and its subsidiaries,
- strengthen ties with the ESIGELEC faculty through presentations by VINCI Energies representatives,
- take part in discussions about changes in curricula and teaching methods,
- prepare students for their first jobs,
- involve students in VINCI Energies communication activities,
- inform VINCI Energies employees about opportunities for continuing education within ESIGELEC.
Class of 2020 sponsorship
As the first action taken under the new partnership, VINCI Energies will be officially sponsoring the Class of 2020, which has just begun the academic year, throughout the three-year engineering degree programme. The sponsorship will involve key events, such as technology conferences and other business presentations, participation in job fairs and visits to VINCI Energies offices and worksites. To launch the sponsorship, a ceremony was held at the school on 17 October at which the 430 engineering students had an opportunity to meet with regional VINCI Energies managers and explore VINCI Energies’ values.